Finding a good contractor online can be easy or hard, depending on how internet savvy a person is. Most of us are looking for a contractor that has it all; professionalism, good workmanship, great service, deals and communication skills. So where do you start?
Some of us may know people who have had work done to their homes and could get a referral to these people's contractor. But many of us have no idea where to start in the process of finding an excellent contractor. The web is a wonderful place to begin. There are different apps that will lead you to a contractor's website as well as direct access to these sites. Let's look at a few options:
- Google - Today Google will not only help you find websites, but it will also rank them and post customers reviews. A reliable contractor should have reviews on Google which are in addition to the reviews on their websites. These Google reviews will help you to learn a little more about other customers who have hired this contractor.
- Yelp - Yelp is a great website that ranks and reviews everything from restaurants to services. It's a great way to find contractors and see the great and not so great reviews given by customers. This website is very particular about the reviews that it posts so it is a usually a very reliable source of information for contractors in your area.
- Angie's List - Angie's List is another source of reviewed services. They work by sending you pre screened contractors that have been reviewed by them and try to match criteria you have requested. To use this service you must become a member of Angie's List and this may involve a small fee.
- Houzz - Houzz is an amazing website for seeing work that has been done by contractors all over the U.S. You click on the type of project you are interested in as well as your style and taste and it will bring up hundreds of design ideas and the companies who built and designed them. They can recommend local professionals who can give you a bid for your project.
- Home Advisor - this website offers the homeowner three Prescreened contractors that go through a background check and will come to give a free estimate to the homeowner.
These are just some of the ways to find a contractor. In the end it usually comes down to the comfort level that you will feel with this person who, if chosen correctly, will help to enhance the beauty and value of your home.
We hope this short article has helped. We would be happy to come to give you a free estimate. Please check us out online at www.remodelingcalifornia.com or call us toll free at 1 800 724 9946. We look forward to hearing from you.